Research Areas and Capabilities
D&D technology innovation, development, demonstration, evaluation, and deployment
- Adaptation of intumescent coatings to enhance fire resiliency and protection for fixatives and facilities in support of D&D activities at SRS 235-F and across the DOE EM complex
- Implementation of a phased approach for the standards development, testing, evaluation, and deployment of D&D technologies, with an initial emphasis on intumescent coatings and fixatives
- Cross-cutting applications of robotic technologies from ARC’s high-level waste research area in support of D&D activities
- Development of web-based knowledge management and information tools for the community of D&D practitioners (D&D KM-IT https://www.dndkm.org) to collect, maintain, preserve, and disseminate D&D knowledge across the U.S. and the globe.
- Savannah River National Laboratory
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Deshon, J. (DOE Fellow). Fixatives Decision Model on KM-IT Platform. Waste Management 2016 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, March 2016.
- Sinicrope, J., P. Shoffner, L. Lagos. The Pursuit of Incombustible Fixatives: Mitigating Release of Contaminants in Fire Conditions. Waste Management 2016 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, March 2016.
- Upadhyay, H., L. Lagos, W. Quintero, P. Shoffner, J. De Gregory, Robotics Technologies on Knowledge Management Information Tool (KM-IT) Platform. Waste Management 2016 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, March 2016.
- Viera, J. (DOE Fellow). ASTM Testing Standards Development for D&D Technologies. Waste Management 2016 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, March 2016.
- Zanlongo, S. (DOE Fellow).Cooperative Robot Scheduling and Path Planning for D&D Applications. Waste Management 2016 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, March 2016.
Professional and News Publications
- Sinicrope, J., P. Shoffner, E. Walker, L. Lagos (2016). The Expanding Nuclear Niche: Meeting the Growing Need for Standardized Testing and Performance Metrics for the Deactivation and Decommissioning of Nuclear Facilities. ASTM International Standardization News, March 2016.
- Technology Testing & Demonstration Facility
- Hot Cell Mockup Testbed
- Multi-Function High Bay Facility
- Robotics Lab
- Engineering Design Center